Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Happy 2nd Birthday Cooper!!



Today is sweet Cooper's 2nd birthday!! In so many ways these last 2 years feel like they have flown by, and in other ways, they have felt long and full of uncertainty and waiting. Words do not begin to describe the joy and gratefulness I feel in my heart for this child today. His little amount of life has had an enormously huge impact on me.

I have learned so many things throughout these last 2 years with Cooper.......  how to walk in blind faith because of biblical hope, to cherish every moment with my family because we don't know what tomorrow holds, to let the small stuff go, to laugh more often, to hug more often, that my Heavenly Father is ALL that He says He is, I have learned how to love more deeply, how to listen for God's voice in the midst of LIFE, to say thank you more often, I have learned who my true friends are, I have seen the power of prayer, have felt the peace that only God can give, and have learned to complain less- because there is always going to be someone who is struggling more than me! The list could go on and on.

I remember the night Cooper was born very well. A friend had just dropped off a meal for my family, as I was on partial bedrest with full placenta previa and a history of premature births. My due date was still 6 weeks away and I was hoping to make it for at least another 2 weeks. I sat on the couch and thought my water broke when I sat down. I got up and there was blood everywhere. Thankfully, we live about 4 minutes from the hospital. Bunky got me to the hospital QUICKLY, as I continued to bleed pretty bad. There was no stopping labor and I was rushed in for an emergency c-section. I just remember thinking...."this is not how I wanted this to go, God, but please let him be okay". Cooper was born and although he was only 5 lbs, he seemed to be okay. He stayed in the NICU for 6 days. I didn't do so great- lost a lot of blood as they could not stop the bleeding after the c-sec. My dr. later told me I gave her quite a scare, and that I was the most complicated c-section she had ever done. Needless to say, we came through all of that to find out 8 weeks later that Cooper had Infantile Fibrosarcoma. So, here we are 2 years later and a lot of that is still very vivid in my mind, and a lot of it feels like a huge blurr!

I love you Cooper Samuel Cook! I am hoping that the next 2 years are a little less "eventful" than your first 2! Happy Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment