Saturday, February 26, 2011

Bunky's 40th

My super sweet, funny, hot, amazing husband turned the BIG 40 this month! I wanted to do something meaningful for him, so for a whole month I had to be sneaky, getting together a book for him full of letters, notes, and pictures from various people in his life (family, friends, co-workers, neighbors, etc- some he has known most of his life). I set up an email account so he wouldn't come across anything in my regular email and for about a month before his actual birthday, received emails from people who were in on the fun. I also got a few mailed to my neighbor's house. Overall, there were 70 letters in his book.....some really long, some shorter, some funny, and some heartfelt and serious. It turned out to be a great combination of words to my husband who has had an impact on a lot of lives. I think he felt extremely loved and celebrated, which is just what I set out to do. He is truly one-of-a-kind, and I am honored and blessed that he is MINE! For what it's worth, I don't think he looks a day over 29 either! :)
Bunky checking out his book the morning of his birthday!

We also had a wonderful steak grill-out with our community group and a few other dear friends that night. Here's to 40 more wonderful years and a continuing legacy that is well-respected! I love you Bunk!

Some of the guys checking out Bunky's book

Praying- Yes, I take pictures during prayers sometimes

Blowing out the candles on his favorite.....Oreo Ice cream dessert


The girls- From L: Lora, Traci, me, Jami, Melanie, Tricia
Bottom: Molly, Suzanne, Alyson


The Guys- From L: Brian, Jeff, John (with Josh), Jeremy, Dustin
David, Bunky, Patrick, Greg

Molly with Bunky

Jeremy with Bunky

David and Bunky

Alyson, David, Tricia, Bunky, and Dustin

Jeff, Lora, Bunky, and me

No comments:

Post a Comment