Saturday, October 12, 2013

Pumpkin Patch

Pumpkin Patch 2013 for The Cooper Trooper Foundation is underway and going well. There is just a big absence felt. We all feel it....everyone who has spent time over the last 3 years devoting many hours during their October to help. This was Bunky's passion. The success of our biggest fundraiser for the foundation rested heavy on him. It was personal. He measured success not only on the money made, but even more on how many new people were made aware of the impact of childhood cancer. It's hard to greet people and tell the story that I have told for the last 3 years. There is just so much more to my story now...to our story. It's hard. It's raw. I can almost feel myself choke on my own words as I speak to customers. Yet, that's where I want to be and what I want to be doing. I want this to be the best year ever and honor his dreams. I want him to be proud. I feel certain that he is.


No comments:

Post a Comment