Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Kindergarten Knowledge

Well, I have to say that my son, Carson, is really LOVING Kindergarten and I am amazed at all he has already learned! His teacher, Miss Riggs, is just wonderful and is so passionate about what she does with this class- I couldn't be happier as a parent.
However, sweet Carson came home the other day to tell me "I learned something new today", which he does quite often and then proceeds to tell me things like..... "The person who draws the pictures in a book is called the illustrator" ...... or "the center part of the book is called the spine"..... etc, etc.  This time he said, "I know how to say, 'I hate you' in Spanish" - then, he proceeded to stick his middle finger up at me!! We had a little talk about how "hate" is a strong word, so then he said, "Well, then, mom, I won't say it I will just do this (as he is flipping me off with his middle finger). Needless to say, not everything he is going to learn in Kindergarten is good! We have talked about how holding your middle finger up at someone is not appropriate, so hopefully, my sweet Kindergartener won't be walking around flipping the bird at people!


No comments:

Post a Comment