Wednesday, January 29, 2014

How I wish

Feeling heavy-hearted tonight as the month of February is just around the corner. There have been several things that I have just wanted Bunky to know about and see his response to, to be here to experience the moment with me. Oh, how I wish he could share in these seemingly small things with me. Oh, how I wish! His boys meant the world to him and it would thrill him to know that Cooper wants to play baseball in the spring for the first time. He would be so proud to know that Carson has been scoring a crazy amount of points in basketball and that Colby can play some aggressive defense in basketball on boys twice his size.
I have truly appreciated all of the emails that have been coming in with stories and memories from so many different people. I am grateful that people have taken the time to remember and put it on paper (email). It may seem small or like an insignificant thing to some, but it keeps his memory alive for us. It honors the character he possessed. It commemorates and captures who he was as a person. It rekindles his humor and brings laughter and smiles. I cherish them deeply. I read each one several times. It is like I am a dry sponge just soaking in the words written. They touch my heart and I know they will do the same for the boys when we read them to celebrate his birthday on February 13th.

If you haven't written something and would like to share a story or memory you have, I would encourage you to take a few minutes to do that. What may be minimal to you will reach farther than you even know to soothe a deep wound that festers in his absence. My email is missycook@bellsouth.net. I would love to get them by the end of this weekend (Feb. 1 or 2nd) if possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment