Friday, May 2, 2014

March and April Wrap Up


In my effort to keep memories recorded, I feel the need to do a little "Recap" of the last 2 months. Nothing of great substance, just day to day life and what's going on in our world. Memories fade over time. It is important to me to record with pictures and words. I want my boys to look back and see that we were making it and even having some fun times, during a devastating loss. Because of God's great love, we are not consumed!
We started the month off with Cooper's "Cancer Free" MRI! The 5 year mark was a milestone and I am so thankful for his life and continued good health. 
Basketball season wrapped up and both Carson and Colby had a GREAT season playing with Coach Jeremy as the Tigers and Dominators. 
We went to Seagrove Beach for Spring Break. It was Cooper's first time to fly. We really enjoyed the house we stayed in on the beach. Grandma also came and joined us for a night and spent some time on the beach with us. It was a great escape for us!
 
I think most difficult of all was the beginning of baseball season. All 3 boys are playing this year. It has been emotionally and physically draining doing baseball almost every night of the week…some nights with multiple games. I could not do it without so many helping me. Their daddy loved baseball and not a step is taken into the ballparks without him on my mind. There is a gaping hole with him gone.

 
Brentwood Civitan honored him by naming a field after him…"Rod Cook Field"…it was a special night, that I feel certain the boys and I will never forget.

 
 
Coach Charles, Brett, and Todd presented me and the boys special "Bombers" jerseys with Rod's # from last year on the back. (Carson has his regular jersey # on in these pictures). So thoughtful and meant so much to me.
On Easter we went to church and then went to our dear friends (the Whetstone's) home to grill and let the kids hide and find Easter eggs. It was a gorgeous day. The true meaning behind Easter was more real to me than ever. I felt Christ's deep love for me and hope filled my heart. I will see my husband again one day. God is good. All. The. Time.
 











No comments:

Post a Comment