Thursday, March 11, 2010

Another Clear MRI and Perspective

Well, first of all.... Cooper's MRI was completely cancer-free!! I can't begin to describe what it is like to answer the phone call from his Oncologist after an MRI. I almost feel like I can't breathe as I wait for the words to come out of her mouth. It is truly a relief like nothing I can put into words, to hear good news. I think for so long we continued to get one set of bad news after another, that the good news we have been getting more regularly now is almost unbelievable. I have to pinch myself. So, Thank you, Lord Jesus, for your hand in all of this!!!!! We are filled with JOY and happiness and even more hopeful of what lies ahead for our sweet boy.


Cooper with 3 of the nurses in Radiology- they know him well in there!
He is still coming out of "happy land" from the anesthesia here.

This morning as I was spending a little time in prayer and reading God's word, I just kept thinking about how so many things that seem so big to me at times and consume my time and energy are just so completely worthless. As I thought this morning (before I got the "good news" call), I just had a renewed perspective about life. I tend to draw closer to God when things are tough or uncertain, but He wants me there at all times! I have definitely learned that aligning myself with God's plan- spending time with Him, listening to Him, crying out to Him, stepping out in faith, and taking my focus off of all the craziness of this world we temporarily live in is a practice I should continually walk in- NOT just when life is hard. He reminded me that HE NEVER CHANGES- He is a constant, steady, ROCK, in a world of waves crashing all around. If I will just cling to that, my perspective on life really is different! The things that are sometimes seeming so big are really so small.

Psalm 17:1-2
"I love you, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold."

II Corinthians 4:17-18
"For our light an momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."

No comments:

Post a Comment