Thursday, March 11, 2010

Basketball


Carson played basketball again this year and really loved it. He was on the Tigers team with Coach Jeremy and Coach Mark for the 2nd year in a row, with a lot of his teammates from last year. It is so much fun to watch these boys develop over the season in their confidence and in their skills.

The Tigers ended up winning the EWA Championship for their age group and beat a team who had been undefeated for 2 years! We were some proud parents! Carson and another teammate were selected as "All Stars" for their team. He was so proud.

I also got to experience some of what is to come with having all boys and sports events. The last game of the season, I was videotaping and saw someone go down..... as soon as I heard the scream- I knew it was Carson. I turned off the camera and looked up to blood on the gym floor and Carson's dad carrying him off the court. I waited for a little while, trying to be a tough mom, knowing that Rod and our sweet friend, Dr. David Whetstone, could handle it. Then after about 10 minutes with no one coming out of the room they were in off to the side of the court, I had to check on things. I walked in to blood all over Carson's arms, legs, jersey, etc. His nose was bleeding pretty bad. Apparently, he hit someone pretty hard with his nose. Well, you know noses can really bleed and his certainly was and didn't want to stop. The sight of all the blood freaked him out. However, in the midst of all of us trying to stop the bleeding, he kept yelling out, "It's probably already the 2nd quarter" and "I've got to go play, dad, they need me out there". He also informed Dr. Dave to "hurry up and stop the bleeding so I can play". David just looked at us and said, "he is one tough kid"- I am glad he is tough, but I think I am going to have to be on some medication to handle all the drama, if this is going to be how it is!!! Needless to say, he got to go back in the game once we stopped the bleeding- they made him take off his jersey because it had so much blood on it! Oh, the fun of being mom to boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment