Sunday, December 15, 2013

Wrapped in LOVE

My heart truly does overflow with gratefulness for how well we are loved. I still get cards in the mail regularly…sometimes from people I don't even really know, letting me know that we are thought of and prayed for. I have kept every email, every card and I treasure them. There is just something about written words that can penetrate the heart over and over, as they are read now and in the future. Never underestimate the power of taking a few minutes to write (or type) your thoughts to another. I truly cherish others encouraging words.

Another gift that I will always cherish, is one given to me by my small group (community group). Our family has been a part of this group together for over 6 years and truly value the dear relationships formed through it. It is refreshing to be authentic with others and share your vulnerabilities as individuals, as a couple, and as parents, without fear of judgment. It is a rare gift. The boys and I continue to be a part of that group. They walked with us through some of our hardest days when Cooper was diagnosed with cancer, and they continue to be a constant support to me and the boys with the loss of Bunky, along with so many others.

This group had some of Bunky's special t-shirts made into a quilt for me! I love this and can't put into words how much it means to me.

They also had quilts made for each of the boys with their daddy's t-shirts/ jerseys from teams of theirs he had coached. We will always cherish these special gifts. 


If you come by our house this winter (or anytime really), you will most likely find at least one of us wrapped up in our quilts. We all love them. The boys sleep with theirs and love to show them off and talk about the stories behind the different shirts. It just feels like it brings a little piece of him closer. We are blessed to be so "Wrapped in Love."

No comments:

Post a Comment