Tuesday, September 8, 2009

A little time away is good for a mommy!

This past weekend, my sweet husband and I took a little road trip to Asheville, NC, while my parents and sister and brother-in-law came to stay with the boys. We had always said we would go back to Hawaii or Cancun for our 10 year anniversary, however, I spent our 10 year anniv. in Williamson Medical Center after having sweet Cooper a few days before and undergoing an emergency c-section. So, we said, well, we will do something for our 11th instead- that also came and went with all we had going on for The Cooper Trooper Foundation kickoff. SO, our beach anniversary get-away turned into a few nights in Asheville. It was NOT the beach, but it was relaxing and great to spend a little time with my hubby, just the 2 of us! It has been a while, since we have gotten to do that. We saw a movie, ate at some neat places, went on long walks, hiked to the top of Chimney Rock and then to a waterfall below, shopped at the REI store, watched the Alabama football game without 3 little ones screaming and running all over the place, and just enjoyed being able to talk without 100 interruptions. I am married to the most amazing man who still makes me laugh so hard I could pee in my pants! I am so proud to be his wife. He truly gives 120% at everything he does, from his job, to being a loving husband, the best dad, son, and friend. I love this man and am so blessed that God gave me such a wonderful gift in him! Did I say he makes me laugh?

On top of Chimney Rock
Another view
On the hike to the Waterfall
Unfortunately I came home to a little one getting sick! Took him to the Dr. today and he has Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease- our first experience with that- FUN! "Welcome Home Mom"- Reality is never far away, but this is why it is good for us moms to get away sometimes, Right??

No comments:

Post a Comment