Monday, September 28, 2009

Thankful!

Today is another mile-marker for the Cook family! Exactly one year ago today, Cooper had his first surgery to remove the tumor that was taking up 1/3 of the volume of his head. I am so amazed at Cooper's resilience and how God has faithfully provided for our every need throughout this past year. I like to look back at my journal and read my thoughts during all of this as it was occurring last year. Here are a few of the things I had written on this very day in 2008:


"Dr. Netterville and his team were able to remove the large and extensive tumor amist many nerves and blood vessels this morning. Cooper appears to have handled the surgery well and will be in ICU for several days. We were told that they do not know what the tumor was and were all quite 'perplexed' at what they saw. Thankfully, God is NOT perplexed or caught off guard by any of this. I am trusting today in His control, knowledge, and understanding of what is going on with our Cooper- even when a team of over 15 surgeons don't understand! My mother's heart is overwhelmed and grieving over what my sweet baby is going through, and at the same time, I find myself covered in a peace that can only come from God (Phil. 4:7- And the peace of God which transcends all understanding, will guard your heart and mind in Christ Jesus).  His peace floods me at those moments when I feel like I can't breathe. We are unbelievably blessed with so many people surrounding us with love and covering us in prayer."

I am so grateful to God for his goodness! I am truly enjoying Cooper day by day and never forget all that has already happened in his short life. It definitely keeps life and what is important in perspective for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment